Monday, July 19, 2010

WoW, you sexy beast!

I miss it. I dream about it in my sleep. I sit there watching my friends faces flap with useless words spewing forth wondering what new developments are happening there. I speak of World of Warcraft, Blizzard Entertainment's addictive MMORPG (Mass Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game). It is a horrible, disgusting game that I secretly still love! Even though its PvP (Player Vs. Player) system is one of the crappiest ever built. If you don't mind a gear not skill based system and everyone looking the same and having the same shit fine, more power to you! 

I started playing when it first came out and couldn't stop for anything. Soon like a plague everyone around me joined me in my sick fantasy world. I was a sexy human warlock whose felhunter would eat you alive while I cursed and @#$%ed you up with my shadow/destruction build. Magnhun, that was my felhunter! Even a year after quitting I remember every bit of information I learned. My friends quit for various reasons, time constrains, having families or just the simple fact that they couldn't have lives of their own and play this game. Which made it easier for me to quit over time. 

The game does consume you. It becomes who you are. You talk to normal people who have never heard of the game like you would your guildmates. Befuddled they think you are out of your mind and will do anything to escape said conversation. You pop your iPod out every time you see a hot girl to show how awesome your paladin is in the Armory. I still have a few friends who play who try to coax me back in or make it sound like a good idea to return. But I know once it happens, it will take forever to escape again. They talk to me about it cause I'm one of those rare people that they know that know what they are saying.  

I ran a guild of over three hundred people and it became a chore or even work to go on and play. I made some awesome friends along the way from around the world. People who had never met me in person but treated me better than most I have met. I went to the original Blizzcon like an uber geek, got my Murky and met the California side of my guild. Mr. Buttersworth I still miss you! ZAY! In Detroit I met one of my favorite people in the world, Ming! My favorite warrior with a heart of gold and @#$% just as hard.

Overall right now I don't know if I will go back. I invested so much time in my characters. I loved them. Only Harlena made it to 80. I still have 5 or 6 hovering between 70-79. When everything was so dumbed down for the newbs I had to quit. That was my breaking point. Something I worked so hard to get, new losers could start a new account and have in a weeks time. We shall see when the expansion comes out whether I give in to the devil... Goblins! I love goblins....

No comments:

Post a Comment